Full-time position at one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces!
The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of SQL Server administration including architecture, build, management, high availability, disaster recovery and security best practices. This individual will be responsible for providing expertise in design, implementation, support and maintenance of large scale database environments. The candidate will manage and support current and future database environments, and guide initiatives for both internal and client-hosted databases. Proactively seek out new technology and solutions to changing products. Research and create best practices for the deployment of new SQL features and solutions to critical issues. The candidate will help develop and centralize the management of SQL instances to reduce overhead.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support both internal and client-based production SQL Server database environments
- Work with application developers to design and develop new database strategies/schemas and review code for performance and scalability.
- Monitor SQL Server activity on a proactive basis and tune the system for optimal performance
- Establish backup, restore and disaster recovery plans
- Deploy and manage SQL Server instances according to best practices
- Verify integrity and report on errors of both running databases and backups
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT field, preferred
- 5+ years of working knowledge deploying /maintaining SQL Server databases
- Exceptional organization skills to prioritize work and ability to balance service and project work
- Experience with, and solid knowledge of, SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014
- Strong understanding of SQL Server security processes and standards
- Ability to write and troubleshoot complex SQL code and design
- SQL Server High Availability design options (AlwaysOn, Clustering, SAN replication, backup solutions and disaster recovery approaches included)
- Experience in performance tuning, optimization, and monitoring using DMVs, Extended Events, SQL Server Profiler Trace, and other tools
- Ability to produce working documentation for executive management
- Familiarity with automation and scripting, with focus on PowerShell, C#, and other
- Experience working with an ISV and custom applications built on SQL Server
- Experience setting up and configuring all SQL ancillary products, including Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Ability to create and implement custom, as well as third-party, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, local security policies, security delegation, Service Principle Names, storage configuration and optimization
- SQL design experience
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training, a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and a golf simulator, a full kitchen, and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST & LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is an eleven-time winner of NorthCoast 99 “Best Places to Work” award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces” and 2015 honoree on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.