2015 Foundation College!
Registration information will be available shortly, please check back.
Led by Scott Kern
Date: February 23rd-25th, 2015
Location: Orlando, Florida
Hotel: Buena Vista Suites (The Caribe) | 8203 World Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
CPE Credit: TBD
Program Level: Intermediate; Controller / Management-level course.
Prerequisites/Advanced Preparation: Attendees should be familiar with both Job Cost structure and the Chart of Accounts at their company.
This class will cover advanced use of the J/C and G/L DataGenie report writers. Students will get an in-depth review of the following areas:
- Job Cost. We will define all capsules available in the J/C DataGenie and include the precise location of the data within FOUNDATION. We will also provide in-depth training on the creation of basic job level reports and more detailed reports broken down by phase/cost code and cost class.
- Advanced formulas. This includes hidden calculations and the use of if/then statements. We will discuss the teporting of over/under billing, job profitability, forecasted cost at completion, quantity tracking, committed cost and more.
- Job Maintenance. We will discuss setting up job maintenance to enhance sorting/filtering and subtotals when creating reports.
- General Ledger. We will define all capsules available in the G/L DataGenie and discuss how to create custom formatted Income Statements and Balance Sheets. We will also cover the use of formulas, percentage calculations and drilldowns in the G/L report writer.
- Trailing 12, Budgeting and Other Non-Standard Financial Reporting. We will discuss reporting for use in indirect / overhead costing and filtering data based on job maintenance items.
- G/L DataGenie. Use and reporting of divisions within this module.
- Tips and tricks to make sure report data is valid.
- General Functionality. We will discuss exporting data using the .csv function and turning that data into something useful.
This class will also include a number of auditing tricks to help find errant entries in the Job Cost and General Ledger Modules.
More dates and cities coming soon!
Registered CPE Sponsor
Foundation Software, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Questions / Cancellations / Complaint Resolution
Contact Nancy Kleinhans at 800-246-0800 ext. 259.
Other Important Details
The delivery method of all classes listed above is "Group Live" and the field of study falls under the classification of "Specialized Knowledge & Application."