Make Your Mark on One of America’s Most Crucial Industries!
Join us to develop the future of real-world, user-centered construction technology with a creative and fun team! Foundation Software, a national provider of construction software and one of Northeast Ohio’s top workplaces, is seeking a permanent, full-time application development instructor.
Change students’ lives as they begin their journeys toward becoming developers in our internal coding boot camp! This innovative position will help take our development efforts to the next level, developing new programmers’ abilities and enhancing team member competencies by designing, developing and conducting technically-oriented training programs that will boost developer performance. The application development instructor will also regularly participate in design and coding activities with other team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain curriculum for an immersive application developer training program that provides the theoretical and practical foundations found in four-year degree programs
- Lead and instruct intensive 36-week boot camps to equip students with skills to be immediately successful as an application developer
- Provide continuing education to application developers of all skill levels
- Stay current with new and emerging technologies, and adjust curriculum accordingly
- Evaluate and track the performance of application developers to identify potential skills gaps
- Develop and maintain web-based and mobile-based software services using C# / .NET / MVC / Web API / Vue.js development frameworks, and maintain existing products using Microsoft technologies
- Track the status of multiple ongoing projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems, computer science or similar required
- 5 years of development experience architecting and implementing service-oriented architectures
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal cross-functional teams, leadership and external clients
- Demonstrated experience designing course materials, teaching application development and assessing student progress
- Proficient with Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server
- Extensive experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Xamarin experience a plus
- Experience with unit testing frameworks a plus
- Ability and desire to maintain technical skills and knowledge
- Ability and desire to teach while remaining hands-on with application development projects
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and video game systems; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 13-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.