Write Your Own Career!
Foundation Software, a construction software developer and one of Northeast Ohio’s top workplaces, is seeking a creative, self-driven communications specialist with excellent writing and organizational skills. You’ll work with a growing in-house creative team, as well as numerous cross-company departments, to help advance our brand voice through social media, PR, events, client communications, blogs and execution of our content marketing strategy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to director of marketing
- Offer perspective, ideas and contributions to a highly collaborative marketing team
- Manage and execute social media plan for two companies
- Monitor and create public relations opportunities, pitch ideas and write press releases
- Proofread content for brand style guidelines (modified Associated Press style)
- Produce and automate scheduled e-letters to numerous audiences
- Work with our events team to promote and create copy for various conferences and classes
- Work with our HR department to develop content for internal communications
- Interview clients and subject matter experts to create clear articles and compelling stories
Required Skills and Experience:
- Imagination, initiative and a passion for making great content
- Outstanding writing skills in variety of forms and media (e.g., press releases, blogs, short stories, emails, headlines, etc.)
- Ability to adapt tone to various pieces (e.g., journalistic, conversational, academic)
- Ability to write to different audiences (e.g., part-time bookkeepers, financial professionals, company executives)
- An eye for detail, grammar and consistency
- Experience conducting interviews and independent research
- Ability to handle multiple projects and with different tones and voices simultaneously
- Ability to discuss content decisions and edits objectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with a team that includes cross-company stakeholders, designers, writers, sales reps and executives
- A desire to learn and acquire new skillsets
- B2B social media experience is a plus
- A portfolio of writing samples that demonstrate (1) a strong sense of narrative and the ability to shape a story, (2) the ability to execute a researched article, (3) the ability to shape a press release— and anything else you think we need to see!
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and a golf simulator; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 14-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015 and 2016 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Show us what you can do, and let’s talk about your future at Foundation!
Apply for this position by clicking here.