Lead With Amazing Content!
Foundation Software, a construction software developer and one of Northeast Ohio’s top workplaces, is seeking an idea-driven content editor & SEO with excellent writing and editorial skills, plus a strong background in SEO and PPC. You’ll take the lead in designing, mapping, implementing and measuring our content marketing strategy in order to advance our brands, generate leads and deliver exceptionally helpful content to the construction industry. This position reports directly to the director of marketing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage content strategy and editorial calendar
- Manage brand voice and narrative across all content for numerous media
- Perform keyword research and backlink analysis, identifying new opportunities
- Produce actionable insights and regular reports using Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools and other SEO and social media analytics tools
- Collaborate across departments and monitor industry news to identify content priorities
- Continuously test, re-optimize and repurpose existing content
- Copyedit, write and optimize Web content for search (including metadata, headlines, articles, blogs and more)
- Collaborate with internal and external writers, designers, developers, and webmaster to assist with the production and publishing of creative, engaging Web content (including videos and interactives)
- Manage PPC accounts and execute strategy
- Manage content lifecycle from creation through approvals, editing, publishing, measurement, curation and maintenance
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ prior experience in content strategy
- A passion for making great content that’s clear, helpful and on-brand
- A dual creative and analytical mindset
- Outstanding writing and editorial skills
- Deep familiarity with the most current trends and research in SEO and semantic search
- Experience with Google Analytics and other Web analytic, marketing automation, content management and social media management tools
- Experience performing keyword research and executing a keyword strategy
- Experience with PPC (or working knowledge and a desire to develop PPC expertise)
- Experience developing and managing editorial calendars
- A strong content asset you wrote (e.g., blog post, e-book, video, interactive) and a narrative statement of how you researched, planned, executed and promoted it, as well as its measurable impact for SEO
- A cover letter that expresses your personal philosophy (beliefs and approach) of content marketing and SEO
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please send your resume along with:
- a cover letter that expresses your personal philosophy (beliefs and approach) of content marketing and SEO
- a strong content asset you wrote (e.g., blog post, e-book, video, interactive) and a narrative statement of how you researched, planned, executed and promoted it, as well as its measurable impact for SEO
Working at Foundation Software
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and a golf simulator; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 13-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016 and 2017 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and content sample to email@example.com.