Foundation Software, provider of construction software and services and one of Northeast Ohio’s top workplaces, is seeking a creative, self-driven content writer with excellent writing and organizational skills. You’ll work with a growing in-house creative team, as well as numerous cross-company departments, to help advance our brand voice through social media, PR, events, client communications, blogs, videos, publication in trade magazines and execution of our content marketing strategy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the director of marketing
- Offer perspective, ideas and contributions to a highly collaborative marketing team
- Write both short and long-form articles relative to our industry and products
- Monitor and create public relations opportunities, pitch ideas and write press releases
- Proofread content for brand style guidelines (modified Associated Press style)
- Work with our events team to promote and create copy for various conferences and classes
- Interview clients and subject matter experts to create clear and compelling articles, stories and testimonials
- Produce company newsletters and other client communications
- Stay current on the latest industry news and trends
- Work closely with our writing team to help execute our content strategy
Required Skills and Experience:
- Imagination, initiative and a passion for making great content
- Outstanding writing skills in variety of forms and media (e.g., press releases, blogs, short stories, emails, headlines, etc.)
- Ability to adapt tone and voice to various pieces (e.g., journalistic, conversational, academic)
- Ability to write to different audiences (e.g., part-time bookkeepers, financial professionals, company executives)
- An eye for detail, grammar and consistency
- Experience conducting interviews and independent research
- Ability to handle multiple projects with different tone and voice simultaneously
- Ability to discuss content decisions and edits objectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with a team that includes cross-company stakeholders, designers, writers, sales reps and executives
- Ability to consistently meet project deadlines
- A desire to learn and acquire new skillsets
- B2B content-creation experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SEO principles and tools also a plus
- A portfolio of writing samples that demonstrate (1) a strong sense of narrative and the ability to shape a story, (2) the ability to execute a researched article, (3) the ability to shape a press release — and anything else you think we need to see!
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, free fitness classes and free personal training, a game room complete with both video, table and traditional games, a full kitchen, and free coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST disability, LT disability, flexible scheduling and remote work options, parental leave, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 2021 winner of the Top Workplaces USA award, a 15-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017,2018, 2019 and 2020 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply for this position by clicking here.