Make Your Mark on One of America’s Most Crucial Industries!
Join us to develop the future of real-world, user-centered construction technology with a creative and fun team! Foundation Software is one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. and a Northeast Ohio “top workplace.” We’re looking for a permanent, full-time database administrator.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in aspects of SQL Server administration including architecture, management, high availability and security best practices. This individual will be responsible for providing assistance in design, implementation, support and maintenance of large-scale database environments. The candidate will manage and support current and future database environments and assist initiatives for both internal and client-hosted databases. The candidate will proactively seek out new technology and solutions to changing products, as well as research and create best practices for the deployment of new SQL features and solutions to critical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support both internal, SaaS and client-based (on-premise) production SQL Server database environments
- Work with application developers to design and develop new database schemas, and review code for performance and scalability
- Monitor SQL Server activity on a proactive basis, and tune the system for optimal performance
- Maintain and perform backup, restore and disaster recovery solutions
- Deploy and manage SQL Server instances according to best practices
- Verify integrity and report on errors of both running databases and backups
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems or related IT field, preferred
- 1+ years of working knowledge deploying and maintaining SQL Server databases
- Exceptional organization skills to prioritize work and ability to balance service and project work
- Experience with and solid knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Strong understanding of SQL Server security processes and standards
- Ability to write and troubleshoot complex SQL code and design
- Experience in performance tuning, optimization and monitoring using DMVs, SQL Server Profiler Trace, Extended Events and other tools
- Understanding of and experience with server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- SQL design experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server High Availability design options (AlwaysOn, Clustering, SAN replication, backup solutions and disaster recovery approaches included)
- Experience setting up and configuring all SQL ancillary products, including Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Database solutions, knowledge of TFS or similar source control for working in a team environment
- Experience working with an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and custom applications built on SQL Server
- Familiarity with automation and scripting, with focus on PowerShell, C#, and other modern languages and tools
- Ability to create and implement custom, as well as third-party, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, local security policies, security delegation, Service Principle Names, storage configuration and optimization
- Involvement with the MSSQL Server Community; membership in PASS, active in forums or newsgroups.
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCSE
- Azure Database Technologies
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, effort or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and video game systems; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 13-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.