Make Your Mark on One of America’s Most Crucial Industries!
Make your mark on one of America’s most crucial industries, and develop the future of real-world, user-centered construction technology with a creative and fun team! Foundation Software, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. and a Northeast Ohio “top workplace,” is currently seeking a full-time database developer.
The database developer supports the overall database needs of the enterprise. Working on a team, the database developer supports the creation of various mobile and web applications through the use of database technologies (MS SQL, SQLite). The ideal candidate will also develop, maintain and enhance databases and applications for internal and external purposes and customer reporting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of application developers to optimize data delivery for web and device applications.
- Provide support and mentorship for fellow application developers.
- Administer existing non-production databases and oversee the analysis, design and creation of new databases.
- Perform data modeling, database optimization, implementation of schemas, and interpret and write complex database code (T-SQL and Entity/LINQ).
- Proactively monitor systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve database application bottlenecks on production-level systems.
- Perform quality assurance; configure the application data in all environments; correct all defects and complete system integration testing to ensure reasonable performance requirements.
- Design, implement and support ETL processes.
- Work with the DBA team to establish database development standards, documentation and best practices.
- Closely interact with the DBA, DevOps and System Administrator teams.
- Assist the Software Automation team with automation of database performance testing.
- Interact with project managers and development leads to determine application and reporting needs.
- Perform support, development and administrative activities as required.
- Investigate new database technologies to see if they are a fit for use in enterprise applications.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field required
- Database development experience may offset the degree requirement
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications preferred
- Excellent knowledge of current technologies
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills
- Three to five years of database development experience (e.g., MS SQL, EF, LINQ) required
- Programming experience with an emphasis on coding that scales well and is optimized for use in a high-volume environment preferred
- Three years of experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture required
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS preferred
- Diverse technology background required
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and video game systems; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 13-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.