Looking for a position where you can take the lead on creating a fun and welcoming conference experiences for the clients and partners of a growing software company? Then Foundation Software wants to hear from you!
Foundation Software, a rapidly growing, nationally recognized developer of construction accounting software, is looking for an experienced, take-charge professional to be our full-time event coordinator!
We’d like you to take our events and conferences to the next level. This includes our biennial user conference (500+ attendees), an annual CPA conference, live and virtual educational conferences, multiple tradeshows throughout the US and various other internal and external events!
The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, work with stakeholders across departments, and meet deadlines with little supervision. Additionally, they will be able to control an event from conception to clean-up and handle all facets in between: locations, food, entertainment, budgeting, audio/visual coordination, setup, staff, clean-up and more.
Event Planning & Production
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverages, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions
- Project management of the event and tasks leading up to it
- Coordinating with Foundation’s education, client support, and marketing departments
- Conduct research, make site visits and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Create and revise room layouts for each event
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary
- Communicating updates with management
- Delegating responsibilities
- Prepare name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required
- Job will require approximately 15% travel
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances, including check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments, site visits and events calendar scheduling
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred; significant event planning experience can substitute for the degree
- At least two years of experience coordinating special events or conferences – both live and virtual.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking
- Understanding of contract terminology and experience in contract negotiations
- Sharp budgeting skills
- Solid skillset in project management – running event projects from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethics and high expectations for quality
- Proficiency in the latest versions of Microsoft® Word, Excel®, PowerPoint® and Access®; mail merges; email and web searches; social media; and marketing.
- Experience with software tools preferred but not required; ASANA, Act-On, GotoWebinar, various mobile and event apps.
- Savvy in the virtual meeting arena.
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training, a game room complete with both video, table and traditional games, a full kitchen, and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 15-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer‘s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply for this position by clicking here.