Creative Design Begins Here!
Looking for a position where you are not tied down to rigid standards and can use your creative skills to produce designs for a variety of marketing promotions? We’ve got a place for you at Foundation Software!
Foundation Software is currently looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Team! This position will work closely with our other designers and collaborate with many departments throughout the company on a variety of projects. The position’s main responsibility will include creating high quality designs for print and online marketing promotions including but not limited to advertisements, e-marketing, literature, direct mail, packaging, website, and tradeshow graphics. If you are looking for a place where your imagination and freedom to create is unlimited, we want to hear from you!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to completion
- Daily workload to include (but not limited to) research, working on multiple projects with varying deadlines, meetings and team collaboration
- Working with outside vendors, including printers, publishers, production specialists, etc.
- Running all drafts, revisions and final designs through approval chain
- Getting quotes, preparing work files for print production and approving printer proofs
- Maintaining library of work files and providing final email-ready PDFs for multi-departmental use
- Checking all completed design work after production
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience employed as a graphic designer
- Experience working with HTML and CSS
- Experience creating original designs for print and digital applications
- Knowledge of graphic design theory, typography, standards, best practices and trends
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm for an interactive design process, driven by peer or group critique
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to objectively present and discuss design decisions and rationale to a group
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to colleagues
- Creative flair, originality and strong visual sense
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with a team that includes stakeholders, graphic designers, writers, executives and sales
- Self-motivated and highly organized to prioritize and manage workload, meeting project milestones and deadlines
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates ability to design for a variety of mediums
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to work in a PC environment
- Ability to work through problems logically with strong attention to detail
- Experience with handling print production
- Experience with photography and running photo shoots helpful but not required
- Agency experience is a plus, but not required
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and a golf simulator; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 14-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016 and 2017 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Show us what you can do, and let’s talk about your future at Foundation!
Apply for this position by clicking here.