Make Your Mark on One of America’s Most Crucial Industries!
The Senior Desktop Engineer is responsible for design, engineering, delivering and supporting the Modern EUC environment at Foundation Software. The Sr. Desktop Engineer will build, secure and maintain a stable desktop environment that supports the business while proposing and implementing new solutions that enhance business capability and user productivity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages open desktop / service requests and issues to ensure all work is delivered on time and with high quality
- Delivers and supports desktop solutions including OS design and deployment, OS upgrades and maintenance, software deployment and reporting, security, cloud productivity solutions (O365), On premise ADS and Azure AD environment.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance to end users.
- Determines, establishes system specifications, standards for EUC desktop hardware/software
- Practices asset management, maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison for the desktop team to collaborate with other cross-functional teams and business units, participating in meetings to ensure client/business needs are met. Act as escalation point for desktop support team as needed. Participates in special projects as required.
- Champions EUC process and operational improvements and best practices; Recommends and implements process improvements and automation solutions.
- Works with management team to develop and deliver the 3-5-year desktop strategy /roadmap.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years in Information Technology, with focus on desktop engineering and operations.
- Service desk or customer service experience; Strong process oriented individual with experience in ITIL and ITSM concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Flexible, positive and team-oriented attitude; able to work collaboratively and effectively with other groups and teams.
- Strong organizational skills; Must be able to multitask without sacrificing attention to details.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation abilities;
- Able to handle dynamic and high-pressure environment with focus on success and productivity
- Demonstrate excellent analytical abilities and critical thinking
- Excellent troubleshooting, root cause analysis and test planning skills
- Microsoft Windows engineering experience in a variety of Desktop based operating system and Microsoft Modern Desktop deployment, management and operation
- Strong knowledge of supporting desktop management toolsets (Endpoint Management, Endpoint Protection, Software Deployment, MDM, Patch Management and Software Packaging/Deployment)
- Desktop O/S imaging engineering solution experience required
- Strong experience managing desktop environment using Active Directory Group Policy.
- Strong working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Exchange / O365 Exchange Online administration
- Office 365 / Azure AD architecture
- Office 365/Azure AD/MD ADS identity management / administration
- Active Directory and core Windows services (DHCP/DNS)
- MS Office 365 productivity suite including TEAMS, SharePoint Online and OneDrive
- In-depth understanding of client hardware, ability to troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
- Good working knowledge of vulnerability assessment / management and information security practices within EUC area.
- Intermediate knowledge of internetworking (TCP/IP, subnetting, protocols, port, routing)
- Intermediate knowledge of message hygiene for messaging system, Proofpoint is highly preferred
- Professional Information Technology certifications highly preferred, but not required
- Teamwork and high level of interaction requiring regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Face-to-face interaction and coordination of work with other employees
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and video game systems; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 13-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply for this position by clicking here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.