Make Your Mark on One of America’s Most Crucial Industries!
Foundation Software, a rapidly growing, national provider of construction software, currently seeks a full-time software quality assurance analyst that will leverage a variety of approaches to test system functionality and create test cases that model client scenarios. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented go-getter that brings a positive attitude to the workplace.
This position will help us take quality to the next level by contributing to the implementation of new test plans and will work with our QA team to ensure success of manual and automated testing efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts closely with the project manager and developer in the system-analysis process and helps gather requirements that facilitate system testing
- Participates in requirements reviews, and analyzes system and business requirements to ensure they are clear, complete and accurate
- Uses available information and seeks guidance to understand the system
- Creates comprehensive test cases based on the requirements
- Executes test cases across multiple browser and device combinations to ensure product quality and requirements have been met
- Performs test execution for functional, regression and usability testing
- Contributes to the test strategy and performs risk analysis to guide testing efforts for the assigned work
- Reports and manages defects
- Provides status and results of testing activities
- Prepares test environment to support testing effort, and assists with resolution of environmental issues
- Creates, uses and maintains automated test scripts to increase efficiencies in testing
- Contributes to maintenance activities (regression test suites)
- Learns and adheres to testing processes and policies
- Stays up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Performs all duties in a professional, responsive and collaborative manner with coworkers and management
- Uses test tools as required
- Assists with root-cause analysis
- Performs integration, system and regression tests
- Supports application development, implementation and user-training activities
- Works closely with technical writer to ensure documentation is accurate
- Provides internal training
- Teamwork and high level of interaction requiring regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Face-to-face interaction and coordination of work with other employees
- Projects a positive, cooperative image as a representative of the company providing assistance to associates, clients and third parties whenever possible
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft® SQL Server®
- Experience in formal test methodologies
- Experience performing requirements analysis, creating test plans and test plan maintenance
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and manage tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Ability to research and maintain awareness of new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with web and mobile-web testing a plus
- Test automation experience with at least one industry-standard automation tool a plus
- Experience creating test plans to test software performance a plus
- General accounting knowledge a plus
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and video game systems; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 13-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer’s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply for this position by clicking here.