Foundation Software is seeking a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for handling many day-to-day, month- and quarter-end tasks within the accounting / finance department; including account reconciliations, data entry, and management of accounting systems. The Staff Accountant will work collaboratively with other departments throughout the company. This position also requires a level of independent thinking and analytical skills to allow for a high level of problem-solving capabilities, as well as the ability to research the treatment for accounting matters. The Staff Accountant will also responsible for creating and preparing various financial and operational reports.
- Manage select key close closing processes, preparing, documenting entries and preparing related balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Prepare accurate, timely journal entries in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Prepare and/or assist with assembling the schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audits, including facilitation of external audit requests
- Act independently or as a liaison with personnel of various departments on special projects or accounting-related matters
- Assist with the documentation of financial reporting
- Assist with the development of the components of forecasts and budgeting on an as-needed basis
- Play a key role in general process improvements
- Answer promptly to questions from business partners and support business with ad-hoc analysis upon request
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask, demonstrating excellent critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years of accounting/finance experience
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training, a game room complete with both video, table and traditional games, a full kitchen, and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 15-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer‘s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.