Make Your Mark on One of America’s Most Crucial Industries!
Join us to develop the future of real-world, user-centered construction technology with a creative and fun team! Foundation Software is one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. and a Northeast Ohio “top workplace.” We’re looking for a permanent, full-time Senior Applications Developer. The Sr. Applications Developer will participate in design and coding activities with other team members. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge in C#, Vue.js, Visual Studio, Azure and Microsoft® SQL Server®.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop new software services using C# / .NET / MVC / Web API / Vue.js development frameworks, and maintain existing products using Microsoft technologies.
- Perform architecture and design activities.
- Assume responsibility for ongoing architecture of software.
- Develop software according to end user requirements and quality standards
- Identify and implement programming patterns and establish standards
- Participate in code reviews to assist other developers and to enforce patterns and standards in the code base
- Regularly participate in Story Grooming and Sprint Planning activities
- Participate in project planning and/or provide accurate estimates on projects/tasks
- Lead design sessions and participate in pair programming efforts
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve production issues, including direct interactions with internal and/or external customers as needed
- Mentor other developers as needed
- Demonstrate commitment to building your skills by constantly learning about new techniques and technologies
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Must understand and have practiced Agile Scrum development
- Working experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Working experience with distributed version control systems such as TFS and Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of API lifecycle management platforms.
- Strong working experience with frameworks for documenting/designing APIs
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server, SQL (TSQL), and database design fundamentals.
- Practical approach to development that balances the technical approach with business objectives and user needs
- 7 years of development experience architecting and implementing solutions using the following technologies, methods and languages
- JS, Bootstrap, SASS, Node, npm, Typescript/ES6
- Progressive Web Applications
- .NET Core Web API
- C#, LINQ, SQL
- Visual Studio and GIT
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Dependency injection and Unit Testing
- REST and GraphQL
- Azure (Functions, Insights, Redis, SQL, Storage)
- Cosmos DB
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training, a game room complete with both video, table and traditional games, a full kitchen, and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 15-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer‘s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Come and talk to us about your future at Foundation!
Apply for this position by clicking here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.