Join us to develop the future of real-world, user-centered construction technology with a creative and fun team! Foundation Software is one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. and a Northeast Ohio “top workplace.” We’re looking for a permanent, full-time Project Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading, planning, managing, and organizing all aspects of assigned projects, facilitated through the Foundation Software PMO, from initiation through successful delivery. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with business analysis function, creating documentation of processes and detailed requirements. In addition, the Project Manager would be responsible for creating functional design documents, testing use cases, and providing operational support specs, project schedules and timelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, execute, and manage all aspects of assigned projects to ensure they are successfully completed on-time and within their specified budgets
- Along with the project Sponsor and cross-functional key Stakeholders, help create the Project Charter during the Identification phase of the project
- Develop, define, and execute project plans, activities, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Follow set project management methodology including best practices, processes, documentation methods and other approved tools
- Work with resource managers to staff projects; effectively manage cross-functional and diverse team members
- Identify, develop, manage project risks, issues/problems with effective management plans, assist with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Lead daily/weekly stand-ups and meetings and effective communications with stakeholders
- Effectively monitor, track, and report on all project activity progress including schedule variances to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, defined scopes & deliverables, and quality) are achieved
- Manage the quality of the deliverables. Ensure all requirements have been validated and ensure the user acceptance criteria has been developed and tested to successful completion prior to going live
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Deliver required closeout documentation, including technical spec documents, as-built diagrams, operations and maintenance manuals, acceptance signoffs
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Adopt and embrace organizational changes that positively impact teams across the organization
- Champion PMO sound processes, disciplines, and best practices; Proactively recommend and implement process improvement / enhancement
- Influence project team members to move towards a common goal; foster a culture based on accountability
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administrations, Computer Science, appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years outstanding Project Management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals
- Excellent understanding of full project management lifecycle – planning to delivery stages
- Understanding of software development life cycle with working experience delivering Application / Software implementation projects
- Working experience of managing IT infrastructure project delivery
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and analysis skills
- Agile / Waterfall experience with the ability to manage more than one project simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication, stakeholder management skills
- Strong people skills with outstanding leadership, organizational, and time management skills
Working at Foundation
What’s great about working for Foundation? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training, a game room complete with both video, table and traditional games, a full kitchen, and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and tuition reimbursement.
Foundation is a 15-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner of The Plain Dealer‘s “Top Workplaces,” and a 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.